Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 4ths meeting

I meet with the New Woman Foundation every Wednesday from 8:30-1:30. Last Wednesday was the first time that I started one of the projects the NGO wanted me to work on. I am editing English translation of Arabic publications so the NGO can add more to their English website. Up until this point the woman, who's work who I am editing, had not been able to meet with me, and on Wednesday we were finally able to meet.

I did not think editing was going to be as difficult as it turned out to be. I overestimated her ability to write in English. It took me two hours to edit two pages of the translation. It was very tiresome. However, I hope that my editing will help her with her English writing. She was very sweet and sat with me and told me what she wanted to say. Her English is very good, she just needs to learn where to place periods and comma's so her ideas make sense and an English reader can understand.

At the end of our time we set up a schedule that would allow us to get as many works translated and edited as possible. We decided that we would try to get two works done by every Wednesday. She will send me two works every Sunday, I will have them edited by Tuesday and we will discus any issues on Wednesday.

On top of this I am still conducting research and writing about issues facing women in the Middle East specifically issues in Egypt.

1 comment:

  1. As we discussed you need to focus your reflections on the work they do and how it relates to what you discuss in class.

    ReplyDelete