Thursday, October 29, 2009

     My visit this week at the NGO was very (mind widening) as they gave me their latest publication that talks about women who are being sexually harassed by their superiors. In the publication you will find a lot of case studies that are mind blowing and astonishing, it really made me think out of the box and get into this other stated of mind. The fact that these women were not only subjected to sexual harrassenment at work by their superiors but that they also put up with it because they cant afford losing their jobs; hence their need of income, was just heart aching. The more I kept on reading, the more i felt that I am demanded to defend those women in the future as I am given a better education and social status (a more privileged person), it makes me responsible to defend them, represent them, and enable them to get the rights and equality that they deserve. On another light, those women have absolutely no power; they are defenseless. The New Women Foundation is now working on providing them a better life by fighting for their rights.

 

    As I got fervently attached to the topic and personally interested in each and every case that is mention in this publication, I suggested to my NGO that I translate their publication and write a brief in English, to enable other women who don’t speak Arabic to know what is happening in the world they live in (what other women from different backgrounds have to go through to survive) and to engaged them in activities and organizations that can help unprivileged women to be respected at work and to get fair pay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment